Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 6 and 7- Day 6 since i started EE at Moksha I started to attend more classes but I still wanted to keep up with my other exercise routines. Wednesdays have been a great day for me to get a run in, in the morning and than a hatha class at the end of the day to restore my body. My work day was much better than yesterday and my mind was alot calmer when I got into the Moksha studio. It was a very slow relaxing class. Such a nice way to end my day. I stopped for a tea on the way home and read some of the book Colette leant me Living Your Yoga which is helping me to engage my yoga practice off the mat. I have been finding that having yoga regularly in my life is promoting healthier choices all around. In the last few weeks I've pretty quit smoking (I only smoked roughly 3 a day) and really am trying to engage in some healthier eating habits.
For day 7 I decided to go to another hot flow right after work. It was a very energizing class. I felt a lot calmer with this flow as I arrived half an hour early from work and had time to relax and lay in savasana for a solid 15 min or so before the class. In this class we did the full splits. Well..... we being not me.... but I tried... ha ha. This is definately not one of my favorite poses nor do I feel inclined to work towards a better split. This may just be because I am so far from reaching this position in it's full expression that I really have no interest. I still felt great afterwards and was ready for my evening. I had a great Korean dinner with my friend Phil who was glad that I was doing yoga and that it's been helping me make healthy choices but a bit dissaproving of my choice to quit smoking. Ha ha... what's that 'saying misery loves company...'

No comments:

Post a Comment