Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5- I woke up today pretty stoked for another class. I registered for the hot flow at 5:30 pm online. I've done one or two hot flows before and found them to be challenging and almost frustrating at times but the only way to learn is to practice. I am bound and determined to do crow pose and hold it for at least 3 breathes.

My day at work went by without any major issues until the last hour of the day. For whatever reason one of the guys I support decided to give me a bit of a rough time. I was pretty frustrated by the end of my shift. I had stayed roughly an extra15min and at this point I was ready to run from the house as fast as I could. Barely making it to the studio on time I was convinced that I could vinyasa my frustration out. The class flew by and with every vinyasa I really was breathing out my day. I felt a little more aggressive than I normally do in class. I almost wanted to do another practice afterwards, as the hot flow served strictly as a release and I felt ready to do a more mindful practice when it was over.

I did learn in class that crow pose comes more from ab strength than arm strength (this I'm sure is common knowledge to most but please keep in mind my newness to the practice) and with that in mind I managed to stay up for hmmm... maybe... a quarter of a sec... which was amazing! Being able to pause for a slight moment did make my day! Thanks Jill!

1 comment:

  1. awesome learning today sally. keep up the positive growth!

    ReplyDelete